At moregiving.co.uk Ltd we look after your details carefully. We work strictly in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and are registered on the public register of data controllers maintained by the Information Commissioner.
This policy describes how moregiving Ltd (‘we’) collect, use and look after the information you provide us with when you use moregiving.co.uk
1. Information we collect
1.1 This is what we normally collect about you to help us provide you with the moregiving.co.uk service, and to improve it even more, where we can:
1.2 Name, address, email, telephone number and payment details.
1.3 Information on how you use our service to help us develop and improve our service, including details of your domain name and Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser version, cookie details, how long you stayed on a page, the route you took to navigate through the pages and the website that you visited prior to accessing our service.
1.4 Other data we occasionally ask you to provide us with, for example now and again we might ask you to fill in a questionnaire, just so you can let us know how we’re doing.
2. Using your information
2.1 Collecting this information helps us better understand what you need from us. We use it to offer you fundraising related products and services that we think will be of interest to you, to allow charities to contact you in connection with your fundraising or donation activity, and to attempt to improve your browsing experience. The main uses of your data are:
- 2.1.1 To help provide the moregiving.co.uk service.
- 2.1.2 To provide access to privileged areas of the moregiving.co.uk websites.
- 2.1.3 To fulfil our regulatory obligations in relation to the payment services that we provide.
- 2.1.4 To administer contests and competitions and personalise your visit to our sites.
- 2.1.5 To carry out statistical analysis, system testing and research to help us review, develop and improve the products and services.
- 2.1.6 To send you details of products, services, special offers and rewards that we or our charities think will be of interest to you. However, it’s up to you to decide whether or not you want to receive this information and you have the option to opt out at any time.
3. Disclosing your information
3.1 Here’s when we may provide information about you:
- 3.1.1 To employees and partners of moregiving.co.uk to deal with any accounts, products and services provided to you by moregiving.co.uk or our group companies now or in the future.
- 3.1.2 To charities and other organisations that you donate or make event fee payments to.
- 3.1.3 To fundraisers that you support.
- 3.1.4 To moregiving Ltd associate companies and other organisations involved in the processing of donations and/or organising of fundraising events.
- 3.1.5 With your agreement, to other moregiving Ltd companies and/or charities, whose products and services may be of interest to you.
- 3.1.6 We may use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring service usage in order to help us develop the websites and our service and may provide such anonymised aggregate information to third parties for example content partners and advertisers. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify you.
3.2 We will not pass on your personal information to third parties except in accordance with this policy and our Terms and Conditions or where we are required by law to disclose that information.
4. Protecting your information
4.1 Any information sent to us is encrypted (scrambled) using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This is industry standard encryption technology that protects data whilst being sent over the internet from being intercepted and misused by third parties. When it reaches us, we then store it on a secure server so that it can only be read by authorised personnel. Although we make every effort to create a secure environment for personal information, moregiving.co.uk cannot guarantee the safety of any personal information you transmit to moregiving.co.uk online.
4.2 We will not ask you for your moregiving.co.uk identification and authentication details in an unsolicited phone call or unsolicited email. You are responsible for keeping your authentication details secure and you should not disclose them to anyone (unless you wish to authorise them to access your account).
5. Accessing your information
You’re welcome to ask us what information we have about you, any time you like. If you need us to send it to you, it will cost £15 – that covers the cost of our administration. If any of the details are incorrect, let us know and we’ll amend them right away. If you’d like us to send your information, you can write to our team at the address at the bottom of this policy, enclosing a cheque or postal order for £15 made payable to moregiving.co.uk.
6. Other people’s information
If you provide us with someone else’s personal details (for example when you’re creating a page for Someone Special) you must make sure that you have that person’s consent to provide us with their details, particularly if you’re giving us sensitive information about an illness or health condition.
7. Marketing our products and services
7.1 We may, subject to your consent, use your personal information to contact you with information about special offers and rewards. We, our charities, and other moregiving Ltd associated companies may also, subject to your consent, use your personal information to contact you with information about their products and services including special offers from them, and we may disclose your personal information to the charities and other moregiving Ltd asscoiate companies and sub-contractors and agents for these purposes.
7.2 If you have given us the consent referred to above, then from time to time, we, our charities and other moregiving Ltd associate companies may contact you by mail, telephone, email, other electronic messaging services (such as text, voice, sound or image messages including using automated calling systems) or fax with information about relevant products and services (including discounts and special offers). We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
7.3 If you wish to receive information and offers from us and other moregiving Ltd associate companies, and you have not previously given us your consent, let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re already receiving information about special offers and rewards from us then don’t worry, you don’t need to do anything. We’ll assume that you’re happy to continue receiving information unless we hear from you.
7.4 However if you no longer wish to receive such information from us, the charities, or moregiving Ltd’s associate companies, please email us at email@example.com. Remember that if you say you do not wish to receive any promotional material from us, this will preclude you from receiving any of our special offers or promotions which may be of interest to you.
9. Data Processed Outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at a destination outside the EEA. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us, one of our group companies, a charity we work with or one of our partners in order to provide, amongst other things, disaster recovery and support services. By submitting your personal data you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
If you have any comments or queries concerning the website or moregiving.co.uk’s service, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information you should write to the Data Protection Officer, moregiving Ltd, Fulford Lodge, 1 Heslington Lane, Fulford, York, YO10 4HW.